Monday, July 26, 2010

Le Tour de Church

I recenlty went on Le Tour de Church. I was welcomed by not one, not two, but three churches in Red River County! My parents joined me as we visited Pine Grove and New Shamrock Presbyterian churches in Clarksville and First Presbyterian Church of Deport with friend/Pastor/Session Moderator/writer extraordinaire Cindy Baker Burnett and her husband/imparter of wisdom/"scenic route" tour guide, Lanny Joe.
Note: If you find yourself saying that the world is being covered in concrete, take a drive out to East Texas... it's awesome... as are the people.
So, thrice I was blessed with 'the laying on of hands', where everyone gathered around me and either put their hand on me or put their hand on someone who had their hand on me as we prayed. And the 'cloud of witnesses' grows exponentially. There was just an air of excited, positive energy and I'm excited to see how God will work through these new partnerships.






First Stop:



Pine Grove Presbyterian













Home of the "Rice-a-Roadies" :)


Many thanks to 'le Cindy' for getting so many people involved.


Next stop: New Shamrock Presbyterian Church... otherwise known as "Home of my new Facebook friends"! What did we do before all of this modern technology?!




And finally, First Presbyterian, Deport, Tx.

It was a day of abundance. Abundance of joy, of love, spirit, and support. Through the generosity of these churches and individual members, I am $1,505 closer to my fundraising goal...and many people have ownership in international mission for the first time. Amazing. Amazing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment