Sunday, October 31, 2010

A good morning

I was up early one morning hanging my laundry out to dry when I realized that I had never climbed the inviting spiral steel staircase that begins on the third level of my house.  I knew that I was in for a treat. As I was climbing up, Fuego was also waking up and greeted his friend, the sun, with a little smoke.
I watched the sky change from a grey blue pre-dawn color to light blue to whitish to yellow to pink, and back to blue. This is the view from my terrace.

Oh God you are my God and I will ever praise you
Oh God you are my God and I will ever praise you
I will seek you in the morning
and I will learn to walk in your ways
and step by step you'll lead me
and I will follow you all of my days

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! It's not so bad to wake up when you see things like this! I was grouchy (if you can believe it) at the beginning of the year...but instead of being annoyed because I was up and leaving as the sun was rising, I started being thankful that I could see the BEAUTIFUL sunrise every morning off the top of the hill...my mornings are much better:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete