(Rewind)
A few years ago I was serving food at Families Feeding Families in Durant, Oklahoma (plug: http://www.familiesfeedingfamilies.org/ ) with First Presbyterian Church, Durant (plug: http://www.fpcdurant.org/).
I got into a conversation with a man about... conflict... and why the world is the way that it is. He said something that has stayed with me all of these years. Something along the lines of, "Look.. God's 'up there' and we're 'down here'. Imagine that there is a quilt between us and God. We see the underbelly--all of the stiching, loose threads, etc. But God, God sees the beautiful design above.
(Fast forward)
When I walked into my room that first night I saw this:
which translates to:
God is making a beautiful tapestry with each of our lives.
From here below we only see the tangled threads.
But when we're with God,
we will see what a beautiful work God made with us.
--C.T. Boom
So thank you, homeless friend, and thank you C.T. Boom--whoever you are, whatever language you speak.

Great post, Laura. Pretty sure the quote is from Corrie ten Boom. Blessings, Brad
ReplyDelete