Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rural Guat

A few pics from our last week of language school, in a rural Guatemalan village. 
Corn is life.

My new favorite Spanish word:  anciano or anciana.  Translates to:  old, old, old man or woman.  Literally: ancient. 
I love them. 


True confessions:  I slept with this plastic bag on my head because we were convinced that we would not make it through the week without getting fleas.  Perhaps because when our host mom  brought our blankets she emphasized:  ¨THESE ARE CLEAN.  I WASHED THESE.¨ .. and just as a sight note.. ¨If not, you´d be covered in fleas!¨  Enter panic.



This is how Katarina y yo got to school everyday!!  We WAY impressed our family by not getting lost on the way home the first day.  The dad rushed into the kitched, out of breath, to say:  ¨You´re here!?¨ He had come home early because he was sure he was going to have to go out looking for us.   We had such a great experience with this family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment